Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call Warrant - The Long Lasting Income Generator

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Call Warrant - The Long Lasting Income Generator Empty Call Warrant - The Long Lasting Income Generator

The Selection Of Call Warrant

There are roughly 200 to 250 warrant counters available in Bursa Malaysia whilst call warrant roughly comprised of 50% out of it. Why call warrant instead of all warrant counters that trader can choose from either to trade or to invest for short to mid term gain? The answer is RISK!

Call warrant (denoted by ending alphabet such as CA, CB, C1, C2 etc.) mostly are derivatives deride from Bursa most reputatable and financially steady heavyweight blue chip underlying shares such as Maybank, Public Bank, Genting Family, Astro, Bjtoto, Airasia, Sime Darby, IOIcorp, Maxis and so on and issued by market maker/issuer/Investment Bank such as CIMB, Kenanga and OSK.

Company warrant/Right (denoted by ending alphabet such as WA, WB, LA, LB etc.) are derivatives issue by the listed company itself for the purpose of raising additional funds and so forth. This kind of warrant are more on the high risk cause it can be issued by any listed company in Bursa Malaysia, be it heavyweight like Sime Darby(Steady company rarely issue warrant by itself) or those secondliner like LCL Corporation Berhad or even PN17 counter like MEMS. Typical company warrant are Iris-PA, Mulpha-WA, Gpacket-WA and much more. This kind of company warrant is a time bomb for warrant holder as most company warrant are issue by those smaller size and financially less credible listed company and most probably manage by some unscrupulous group of directors/family members . We may not know when the company may default in payment or go bankrupt in near future like what happen to LCL. Therefore try to avoid company warrant except certain counter such as Bjcorp-LC.

There are bunch of call warrant in the market nevertheless, how to shortlist those that potentially more rewarding rather than risk? One should understand how warrant function, warrant price tend to go up when the underlying share price go up and vice versa and the correlation percentage can be vary greatly. Warrant premium tend to decrease gradually over time regardless mother go up or down. For mother that appreciate substantially over short period of time, the children tend to get close to zero premium level e.g. ammb-cc and genting-co (american style) and pbbank-cj(european style) and this category of warrant are the perfect proxy for the underlying shares and poise to show virtually 100% of correlation with respect to mother share price movement.

So shall i conclude that lowest premium is the best candidate for player to go in? the answer is quite subjective. Few factors are worth to consider to determine the risk/reward factor. 1. The lowest the premium the best (e.g. pbbank-cj) 2. The lowest the conversion ratio the best(e.g. Maybank-cj). 3. The lowest the bid spread the best(e.g. ammb-cg) 4. The lowest the warrant price the best(e.g. bjtoto-cd and astro-cc). 5. The highest volatility of the underlying share price the best(e.g. genting-co and hsi-c7). 6. The highest warrant buy/sell queue quantity(liquidity) the best(e.g. maybank-cl). 7. The longest the maturity/expiry date the best (e.g. brkb-c1). Please bear in mind that the most sought after criteria and deem to be most important factor; the maturity date of the warrant; actually is "not that important" if we target call warrant as short to mid term trading(e.g. few days to a week trading), the question enlighten the quest, who want to buy those call warrant that going to expire say in two weeks time but with 15% premium? The chances to get burn with virtually out of money upon expiry date is so tremendous.

There's no absolute perfect selection methods for player to choose which warrant counter they should go in. It all depends on their risk appetite, capital employed, trading style, trading size and their brokerage fees structure but they should stick to above 7 main critical factors so to enhance reward and minimize risk. Even zero premium children but with different exercise price days before expire might tend to have totally different outcome upon expiry, one might out of money while the other greatly in the money. For those that need specific advice, do feel free to contact me and i am glad to share with them how to trade smartly and profit from the call warrant trading handsomely and consistently.

The Trading of Call Warrant

The selection of call warrant is very subjective and just the first step toward identifying potential money making call warrant for the player to jump in market. Nevertheless, market condition change drastically over time whereas it's not surpirse player change and swap his/her buying position to selling position and otherwise even within seconds. When this happen, it's not the fundamental or technical chart that help, it's the player basic instinct and senses that comprise of all of his/her available knowledge and judgment at that particular moment that matter, it's all happen up to miliseconds and the outcome of profits or losses could be determined and reversed.

Player must always put risk at their first priority over profits and never hesitate to exit their position at all cost regardless profits or losses. Hence, the ourcome of going in and out of market should be quite frequent which elevate the transaction cost and therefore the first utmost important task that player should and must do is to locate the best brokerage that can offer better brokerage while providing the best platform and system for trader to trade. There are few way to reap profits from call warrant trading 1. Scalping like Bjtoto-cd or igb-ca 2. Momentum blend with range trading like genting-co and astro-cc.

In warrant trading, it's not advisable to average down the buying price but it's advisable to average up the buying price blend with intermittent profit taking and scalping technique. The result for average down could be disastrous and cost player his entire capital vanishes in days. But the average up buying strategy might also erase player gain or turn the profits to losses yet the senses of market/counter direction is vital. But such average up buying strategy can turn profits into jackpot shall everything work fine especially in obviously bullish market. Of course there could be compromise in between, just cut lost when market turn against us or buy and hold and let the profits run shall the mother showing steady price appreciation without significant pull back in place. Again, it all rest with how the player cope and take advantage of the changing market condition fast and decisively.

The market will not be forever up or forever down, greed and fear need to be balance wisely. There's no such thing player want absolute safety yet demand huge reward, as the saying goes the higher the risk the higher the return. Try to pay attention to the basic chart of support and resistant and moving average plus the general market sense of how market fetch will do as this represent the player psychological mindset whether they will exit or go in market, to buy or to sell.

Ever Changing Selection and Trading Strategy

Please bear in mind that in warrant trading there are consider 3 counter parties involved 1. you vs. banker (e.g. ammb-cc) 2. you vs. other players vs. banker (genting-co, affin-ca). Warrant trading is dffer from normal counter trading whereas player got adequate information exhibit from the mother share price and volume movement and the readily available buy and sell quantity place by the market maker in the warrant counter. This is player advantage over banker. The disadvantage is the bids spread, time decay and premium deterioration over time and without dividend payment. But all this can be sorted out "amicably" in the selection process.

Very important factor for all trader to consider is that, we can't forever stick to and loyal to certain warrant counter such as maybank-cj, ammb-cc, pbbank-cj, sime-cf, hsi-c7 and gen-cn. This is the group of warrant with the lowest premium in town but most likely trader will lost and trap if they go in at the wrong time. Market maker are very sensitive in market making this group of warrant whereas sometimes they even resort to putting wide spread to the warrant bid/ask price and put the warrant price gap down from time to time regardless underlying share price performance if happen they lost too much money in market making. It's for the player to readjust their selection and trading strategy once this happen.

In bull market, player are more likely able to conduct daytrade or even hour trade for low premium and big cap warrant like above, but in times market are dull, player need to go for those lowest price children with reasonable premium and tight bid spread such as bjtoto-cc, bjtoto-cd, airasia-cf, igb-ca, astro-cc and so on. This low price group of children we may need to hold on to it for days or even week and therefore the whole trading stragety is revised and modify.

Summary

For a good warrant trader, he she may not profit at all time and most probably just making marginally profit due to higher turnover cost from the first in first out trading practices. Nevertheless, all he she want is the sound scenario that they catch the right mother on the right time and at the right price where the mother have just started to show the right momentum of going upsurge for days to come. Once such good opportunity (happen few times monthly and depends one can spot and catch it) may even rewards the traders with profits range from 10% to even 50% of trader "paid up capital". Overall, a good warrant trader should generate roughly 5% to 40% monthly profits out of his/her capital pump in to trading account. E.g. for every Rm10000, one might expect to make RM500 to RM4000 a month.

Last edited by Admin on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 03:02; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : update article)

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Call Warrant - The Long Lasting Income Generator :: Comments

Post Sat 12 Dec 2009, 13:37 by Guest

this is one of the best comment i have ever read and come across from forumers own writing. detail and in depth but of course it is not easy for other to understand and implement it. they got to follow up and learn gradually. good work

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Dec 2009, 14:10 by Guest

ProTrader wrote:this is one of the best comment i have ever read and come across from forumers own writing. detail and in depth but of course it is not easy for other to understand and implement it. they got to follow up and learn gradually. good work

thank you. happy1

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Dec 2009, 14:21 by franky liew

how to count premium?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Dec 2009, 14:25 by Guest

franky liew wrote:how to count premium?

premium= (children price x conversion ration + exercise price)/mother price

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Dec 2009, 14:26 by Guest

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Dec 2009, 14:28 by Guest

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 13 Dec 2009, 15:31 by Guest

frown1

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 21 Dec 2009, 02:31 by Guest

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 05 Jan 2011, 14:18 by Guest

read this all comrades. is good article

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 05 Jan 2011, 17:17 by chasz

wau...totally agree and very good info.now i know it.thanks max.

Back to top Go down

twink

Post Wed 05 Jan 2011, 23:15 by twink

Done my homework. Exactly same as what you have taught us. :)
A compilation of the must-know in Call Warrant.
Thank you! I will constantly refer back when trading. Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 06 Jan 2011, 23:34 by Guest

Read more analyse more and most important totally restructure mindset to trading but not investment. If want to invest then never expect you guys will have big income except you guys have millions millions which trading Bb alone can't absorb all the capital. Hihi. Be motivated and inspire and start it now. THERE ARE PLENTY OF TREASURE IN BURSA FOR US TO HARVEST EVERYDAY. YOU GUY WANT IT OR NOT IS YOU GUY DESTINY. THINK BIG AND DREAM BIG ELSE FOREVER SMALL TIMER.

Gtg tata

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 11 Jan 2011, 08:22 by Guest

luigee wrote:Just wondering whether bb's encompasses both warrants and call warrants? Anyone has any opinion about jotech-wa, esceram-wa and iris warrants?

luigee u study this topic first

Back to top Go down

twink

Post Tue 11 Jan 2011, 21:56 by twink

Netsoft.. you have made it.
Well done! Clap Clap

Back to top Go down

Netsoft

Post Wed 12 Jan 2011, 10:28 by Netsoft

twink wrote:Netsoft.. you have made it.
Well done! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

not me lah [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 13 Jan 2011, 07:35 by Guest

the above article is very good....BUT i need to cover more on

1. when time player holding too many shares and wanna let go regardless or insensitive to mom price movement such as mahsing ca yesterday?

2. what will happen before and after company ex-date dividend?

3. what will happen when the market crash and how to cope with it? most of the forumer here never experience market crash scenario i suppose.

4. the key secret to long lasting income generation is not mainly from from warrant selection it's from trading.

5. trading comprise of buy sell timing, capital involve and subsequent qty to average down or average up

6. trading also involve buy low sell high (range trading), sell low buy back lower or buy high sell higher (range trading, support and resistant, scalping and the momentum)

7. how to identify the bottom or the peak? if our indentification go wrong what are we going to do to fine tune and make adjustment?

8. shall we sell low and buy back higher then sell highest? the answer is yes and solely rely on momentum

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 13 Jan 2011, 07:36 by Guest

there are plenty of stuff to cover and i need inspiration so to share

but i am happy comrades here start to voice out their ideal candidate

i advise comrades talk more say more and discuss with others

stay quietly will not let u all improve much and u may not aware of you own weakness if you stay quiet and just read.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 31 Jan 2011, 14:22 by 8888

Thanks for the sharing.

Will start my journey to Warrant After CNY. Btw, I'll be seconded to China after CNY, will find out about China Market then... but i'll still trade in Bursa... Hope to learn more from u guys...

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 31 Jan 2011, 17:07 by Guest

88888 wrote:Thanks for the sharing.

Will start my journey to Warrant After CNY. Btw, I'll be seconded to China after CNY, will find out about China Market then... but i'll still trade in Bursa... Hope to learn more from u guys...
better stay in brusa mart...even u r in usa..same thing..we more familiar with our own market ma. china share market may not be same as our own..what for learning new thing...we speak our unique language...we understand klci uniqueness..it doesn't matter earn usd or myr...is basically the same thing....unless our money is in billions....the entire klci cant swallow it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 31 Jan 2011, 17:15 by 8888

thanks for the advise.... I can't really focus in work this few days.. hahahaha....

My eyes only on forum + Klse...

Back to top Go down

Figo

Post Fri 11 Feb 2011, 07:25 by Figo

those alphabet CE,CJ,CA,CC....any meaning?What it stands for ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Feb 2011, 10:11 by Guest

This article is really classic even me also come back and read from time to time. The more we read the more we will get new idea just like bible. ACtually the insensitivity of bb over mom movement is already covered. Smiley

Back to top Go down

Figo

Post Sun 13 Feb 2011, 19:59 by Figo

I have studied few call warrants info, can anyone tell me,

if high gearing of a bb, means ?

and high premium of a bb, means ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 23 Feb 2011, 12:12 by Guest

figo where u? disappear?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content