Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19th march 2013

3 posters

Go down

19th march 2013 Empty 19th march 2013

Post by Bursa berserker Tue 19 Mar 2013, 09:39

Klse green :D btw morning Bc comrades !!!!!
Bursa berserker
Bursa berserker

Male Join date : 2011-10-07
Stock Portfolio : mitra :D lol

Back to top Go down

19th march 2013 Empty Re: 19th march 2013

Post by JF Tue 19 Mar 2013, 09:52

Coffee morning bb
JF
JF

Male Join date : 2011-10-07
Job/Hobbies : $$
Profit & Loss $$

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 19 Mar 2013, 11:56

afternoon mates, would u all be in any trades?
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 19 Mar 2013, 15:51

Hot Stocks Astro, Media Prima advance on adex growth
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com
Tuesday, 19 March 2013 15:45

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (Mar 19): Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd and MEDIA PRIMA BHD [] advanced in afternoon trade after analysts said they see television and radio network operators as prime beneficiaries of advertising expenditure (adex) growth ahead of Malaysia's coming general election.

At 3.04pm, Astro rose as much as one sen or 0.4% to an intraday high of RM2.79 with some eight million shares done. The stock which traded flat at RM2.78 at 3.34pm, was the 10th most-active entity across the exchange.

Meanwhile, Media Prima changed hands at RM2.36 with about one million shares traded at 3.35pm after rising as much as two sen or 0.9% to RM2.37 earlier.

Maybank Investment Bank Bhd analyst Yin Shao Yang said the government tends to earmark higher adex for free-to-air television (FTA TV) and radio compared to print entities to reach voters more effectively ahead of the general election.

"We prefer the TV and radio operators, Media Prima (FTA) and Astro (Pay).

"While TV (7%) and radio (5%) adex accounted for only 12% of Astro?s FY1/13 total revenue, we understand that any adex growth will accrete directly to its bottom line as the related marginal cost is negligible," Yin wrote in a note.

Yin said while the research firm has kept its "neutral" call on the media sector, it has "buy" calls for Astro and Media Prima at target prices of RM3.40 and RM2.47 respectively.

Domestic adex grew 24% to RM792.1 million in February 2013 from a year earlier. During the month, FTA TV and pay-TV adex rose 26% and 96% respectively while radio expenditure advanced 32%, according to market research firm Nielsen Co.

RHB Research Institute Sdn Bhd analyst Jerry Lee said the research firm stays cautious on the prospects of the media industry.

In a note, Lee said Malaysia's adex may linger at similar levels over the next few months as advertisers withhold their expenditure, hence, RHB’s "neutral" recommendation for the sector.

"(This is) due to the local political uncertainties with the impending 13th General Election, and economic uncertainties in Europe and the US," Lee wrote in a note.

Hence, RHB is optimistic about Astro, the income of which, is not heavily reliant on adex. The research firm has a "buy" call and fair value (FV) of RM3.36 for the firm.

This compares to a "neutral" call for Media Prima with a FV of RM2.20.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 19 Mar 2013, 15:52

Hot Stock Tebrau continues to charge with new Ekovest directors
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Ho Wah Foon of theedgemalaysia.com
Tuesday, 19 March 2013 14:24

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (March 19): Shares of TEBRAU TEGUH BHD [], which have soared 33% so far this month on its link to Iskandar Malaysia developments, continued to charge ahead after two directors from EKOVEST BHD [] joined its board.

The chairman of Tebrau and Ekovest is Tan Sri Lim Kang Hoo.

At noon break, the stock ended at its intraday high of RM1.29, after rising 8 sen or 6.6%, on trades of 12.44 million shares. As at end-September 2012, the net assets per share of Tebrau stood at 78 sen.

The 6th most active stock today has been a favourite of retail investors in recent weeks, particularly after the news that its parent company, Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd, will be heading for listing by June this year.

“Tebrau is already a rising stock as it is seen as a cheap proxy to hot developments in Iskandar. With this latest news that two directors of Ekovest have joined the company, there is another excuse to push up the share,” said a senior dealer.

“Ekovest was founded by Lim Kang Hoo, the owner of Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Bhd. Now, anything to do with Lim Kang Hoo appears to excite investors,” added the dealer.

Another dealer said: “With the participation of Ecovest, another well-connected company, more developments are expected to emerge in Tebrau. In addition, investors of Ekovest may also get interested in Tebrau.”

Yesterday, Tebrau announced that Mohd Salleh Othman and Cho Joy Leong, both serving directors of Ekovest, have joined the company effective March 18.

From various past announcements, it can be seen that Ekovest has close links with MALAYSIAN RESOURCES CORP []oration Bhd.

Ekovest ended up one sen at RM2.47 at lunch break.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 19 Mar 2013, 15:52

Hot Stock Valuation, earnings outlook lift Alam Maritim
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com
Tuesday, 19 March 2013 12:47

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (Mar 19): Investors bought ALAM MARITIM RESOURCES BHD [], lifting the stock as much as 5%, after analysts said the oil and gas ( O&G) support services provider is undervalued amid earnings growth prospects.

At 12.30pm, the stock rose four sen to settle at its intraday high of 92 sen with some eight million shares done. Alam Maritim was among the most- active entities across the bourse at lunch break.

AmResearch Sdn Bhd analyst Alex Goh said the research firm has kept its "buy" call and fair value of RM1.10 for Alam Maritim.

This values Alam Maritim at a forward price-to-earnings ratio of 12 times compared to the O&G sector's 16 times.

"We met up with the management recently and remain convinced that Alam’s brightening prospects are backed by strong fundamentals.

"Our FY13F-FY15F earnings are maintained, but with a potential for upward revisions if Alam secures a block in the upcoming Pan-Malaysian transport and installation (T&I) umbrella contract," Goh said.

The analyst said should Alam succeeds in securing the T&I concession, AmResearch estimates that the firm's FY14 earnings could be increased by 25%. This assumes a net profit margin of 10%.

According to Goh, Alam’s earnings outlook come at a time when offshore supply vessel charter rates "have reached an inflection point with an upward trend that is fast gaining traction".

Citing examples, he said Alam has secured higher current charter rates of US$2.20 (RM6.90) per brake horsepower (bhp) from Petronas compared to US$1.75 per bhp previously.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 19 Mar 2013, 16:13

wow alam like rocket
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 19 Mar 2013, 16:30

L&G slowly naik

BRIGHT?
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 19 Mar 2013, 23:23

close of session

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

top winner vs loser

ace

warrant
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down