Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign investors adopting wait-and-see attitude amid GE13, says Mukhriz

Go down

Foreign investors adopting wait-and-see attitude amid GE13, says Mukhriz Empty Foreign investors adopting wait-and-see attitude amid GE13, says Mukhriz

Post by Cals Fri 05 Apr 2013, 00:46

Foreign investors adopting wait-and-see attitude amid GE13, says Mukhriz
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama
Thursday, 04 April 2013 19:04

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (April 4): Foreign investors are adopting a wait-and-see attitude in view of the upcoming general election in Malaysia before investing in the country.

However, the investors' sentiment remained intact as approved investments worth billions of ringgit were put on hold until the general elections was over, said Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry Datuk Paduka Mukhriz Tun Dr Mahathir.

Speaking to reporters at the World Halal Week today, he said the investors would like to see the continuity in policies before investing in Malaysia.

"They want to be certain first that the results of the elections will be conducive, I suspect they like to see Barisan Nasional return to power before they bring in their investments," he said after the official closing ceremony of the event today.

This year, the Malaysia Halal Week was introduced as the World Halal Week, which incorporated the Malaysia International Halal Showcase and the World Halal Week Conference 2013.

The two-day conference, whcih ended today, focuses on deliberating issues and sharing new advancements in halal research, innovation and its applications in business.

Meanwhile in his speech, Mukhriz said local exporters must continuously strive to comply with internationally accepted standards to remain competitive and relevant in the global marketplace.

"As consumers' tastes and preferences become more sophisticated, it is imperative for exporters to innovate and develop niche products," he said.

By incorporating the halal value proposition and complying with halal standards, Mukhriz said exporters could cater for the new and emerging halal market requirements and meeting consumers' expectations.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down