Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMC gets SC nod to issue RM470 million sukuk

Go down

MMC gets SC nod to issue RM470 million sukuk Empty MMC gets SC nod to issue RM470 million sukuk

Post by Cals Wed 15 May 2013, 00:41

MMC gets SC nod to issue RM470 million sukuk
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Kamarul Anwar of theedgemalaysia.com
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 18:42

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (May 14): MMC CORPORATION BHD [] has gotten the go-ahead from Securities Commission Malaysia (the SC) to issue a sukuk programme of up to RM470 million in nominal value.

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia, the Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary-owned company said the sukuk, with a tenure of up to 16 years, will be based on the syariah principle of Wakalah.

“The issuance of the Sukuk Wakalah shall be made within one year from the date of the SC’s approval,” said MMC.

It explained the periodic distributions of the sukuk programme will be paid semi-annually in arrears, with the first distribution to be made six months after the programme was issued.

MMC added the sukuk programme was issued by Malakoff Corporation Bhd’s subsidiary Tanjung Bin O&M Bhd. Malakoff, meanwhile, is 51%-owned by MMC.

Proceeds from the sukuk issuance will be used to part-finance the acquisition of operations and maintenance business of HICOM Power Sdn Bhd and general working capital.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down