Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Najib, Cameron break ground on Battersea

Go down

Najib, Cameron break ground on Battersea Empty Najib, Cameron break ground on Battersea

Post by Cals Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:55

Najib, Cameron break ground on Battersea
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Siow Chen Ming of theedgemalaysia.com
Friday, 05 July 2013 10:38

LONDON: The redevelopment of Battersea Power Station by a Malaysian consortium is a reflection of the good relationship between Malaysia and Britain, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

Najib, who broke ground for the Battersea redevelopment project with his British counterpart David Cameron yesterday, said, “East and West are strongest when we are partners for prosperity: when we commit to open up our economies and societies."

"[This] project shows us just what is possible when we do. After 30 years of darkness, Battersea Power Station will light up once more — and not a moment too soon," said Najib in his speech.

The prime minister congratulated the Malaysian consortium, comprising S P Setia Bhd, SIME DARBY BHD [] and the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) for their part in Battersea's revival, adding that he believes their success will be repeated beyond London, on a global stage.

He thanked the UK government for its commitment to Battersea's future; UK Trade and Investment for helping the Malaysian consortium; Trade Ministers Lord Marland and Lord Deighton for their support; and London Mayor Boris Johnson and the city administration for their desire to make the project a reality.

"Most importantly, I would like to thank Prime Minister David Cameron for his warm welcome, and his commitment to Malaysia. The PM has done so much to strengthen ties between our nations," said Najib.

Cameron said the restoration of the iconic Battersea Power Station will lead to the regeneration of the Nine Elms area in London, building 3,500 homes and creating 15,000 jobs.

"It is brilliant to see this project progressing so well, going from my discussions about it with Malaysian Prime Minister Najib and investors in Kuala Lumpur last year to the strong partnership between our countries and companies that enables us to break ground today," said Cameron, saying that “Britain is open for business".

Both prime ministers were joined by Johnson, Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin, president of S P Setia and chairman of the consortium, Tan Sri Mohd Bakke Salleh, president and CEO of Sime Darby Bhd, Datuk Shahril Ridza Ridzuan, CEO of EPF, and Rob Tincknell, CEO of Battersea Power Station Development Co.

The ground breaking by the two prime ministers marks the official launch of work of the first phase of the £8 billion (RM38.47 billion) Battersea redevelopment project. — by Siow Chen Ming

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on July 5, 2013.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down