Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Research maintains Malaysia’s 2Q growth forecast at 4.7%

Go down

Alliance Research maintains Malaysia’s 2Q growth forecast at 4.7% Empty Alliance Research maintains Malaysia’s 2Q growth forecast at 4.7%

Post by Cals Fri 05 Jul 2013, 16:52

Alliance Research maintains Malaysia’s 2Q growth forecast at 4.7%
Business & Markets 2013
Written by theedgemalaysia.com
Friday, 05 July 2013 16:26

KUALA LUMPUR (July 5): Alliance IB Research has its 2Q growth forecast for Malaysia at 4.7% and said the country’s exports fell more than expected by 5.8% year-on-year in May.

In a note Friday, Alliance IB chief economist Manokaran Mottain said that on the positive side, the research house was encouraged to see the sustained 3-month moving average increase of 4.6% in gross imports in May versus 3.9% increase in April.

He said the gain in the overall imports, which is proxy for future exports, came in support of an expected recovery in 2H13.

“Given the current trend in external environment, we maintain our view that the economic outlook may remain weak in the first half-year.

“Therefore, we maintain our 2Q growth forecast at 4.7%, rebounding from +4.1% in 1Q13,” he said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down