Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Market Close KLCI rises 0.3%, pares gains ahead of Hari Raya holidays

Go down

Market Close KLCI rises 0.3%, pares gains ahead of Hari Raya holidays Empty Market Close KLCI rises 0.3%, pares gains ahead of Hari Raya holidays

Post by Cals Fri 02 Aug 2013, 17:31

Market Close KLCI rises 0.3%, pares gains ahead of Hari Raya holidays
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com
Friday, 02 August 2013 17:10

KUALA LUMPUR (August 2): The FBM KLCI pared gains, for a 4.69 point or 0.3% % rise. At 5pm, the KLCI settled at 1,782.51 on gains in stocks like Genting Malaysia Bhd and YTL Corp Bhd.

Analysts said the KLCI had pared gains on lack of buying interest in the local market. This comes ahead of the Hari Raya Aidilfitri holidays next week.

"There is not much buying interest," Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd research head Chan Ken Yew told theedgemalaysia.com over telephone today.

This KLCI's rise came amid regional equity gains. Reuters reported that Asian shares advanced on Friday after brisk US factory activity data.

Asian stock markets had also gained on the commitment to easy monetary policy by European central banks and the US Federal Reserve.

Today, Bursa Malaysia saw 1.23 billion shares worth RM1.84 billion changed hands. There were 400 gainers versus 315 decliners.

The top gainer was BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO (M) [] Bhd while PETRONAS DAGANGAN BHD [] led decliners. Most active was DAYA MATERIALS BHD [].

Abroad, Japan’s Nikkei 225 climbed 3.29% while Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.46%.

Nearer to home, Singapore's Straits Times ended 0.2% higher.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down