Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia shares suffer biggest fall in nearly 6 weeks, miners hit

Go down

Australia shares suffer biggest fall in nearly 6 weeks, miners hit Empty Australia shares suffer biggest fall in nearly 6 weeks, miners hit

Post by Cals Wed 07 Aug 2013, 14:59

Australia shares suffer biggest fall in nearly 6 weeks, miners hit
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Wednesday, 07 August 2013 14:28

SYDNEY (Aug 7): Australian shares dropped 1.9 percent on Wednesday, their biggest fall in 5-1/2 weeks, as selling in miners and financials accelerated in late trade amid sharp losses in regional markets.

Investors also remained on the defensive ahead of the earnings season, with uncertainty about the U.S. Federal Reserve's stimulus programme putting a further dampener.

In another blow to miners, Australia's High Court on Wednesday found a controversial profits tax on iron ore and coal mines was constitutional.

The S&P/ASX 200 index fell 94.3 points to 5,011.3, its biggest one-day drop since July 1. The benchmark dipped 0.1 percent on Tuesday.

New Zealand's benchmark NZX 50 index fell 0.6 percent or 27.2 points to 4,548.3. - Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down