Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybank IB Research downgrades Star to Sell, slashes target price

Go down

Maybank IB Research downgrades Star to Sell, slashes target price Empty Maybank IB Research downgrades Star to Sell, slashes target price

Post by Cals Wed 14 Aug 2013, 08:55

Maybank IB Research downgrades Star to Sell, slashes target price
Business & Markets 2013
Written by theedgemalaysia.com
Wednesday, 14 August 2013 08:51

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 14): Maybank IB Research has downgraded STAR PUBLICATIONS (M) BHD [] to a Sell from Hold at RM2.79 and slashed its target price to RM2.12 (from RM2.65) and said the pace of The Star’s year-on-year print adex contraction accelerated after the 13th general election and is unlikely to improve markedly going forward.

In a note Wednesday, the research house said it cut its earnings estimates by 24-27% as it now expects Star’s print adex to contract by 4% this year (+0% previously).

“As we still expect 18 sen annual DPS, Star would dividend out more than what it earns.

“In tandem with our lower earnings estimates, we also cut our target price by 20% to R2.13. With 24% downside potential and a weak outlook, we downgrade Star to Sell,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down