Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SE Asia Stocks Indonesia bounces back amid policy hopes; Malaysia flat

Go down

SE Asia Stocks Indonesia bounces back amid policy hopes; Malaysia flat Empty SE Asia Stocks Indonesia bounces back amid policy hopes; Malaysia flat

Post by Cals Wed 21 Aug 2013, 19:13

SE Asia Stocks Indonesia bounces back amid policy hopes; Malaysia flat
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Wednesday, 21 August 2013 18:55

BANGKOK (Aug 21): Indonesian stocks rebounded in strong trade on Wednesday, as the government's plan on a policy package to combat inflation and job losses cheered investors, while Malaysian market ended nearly unchanged in a range bound session, before a key economic data.

Indonesia's key index finished up 1 percent, regaining some of the steep loss this week, ahead of the policy package scheduled for Friday.

After a range bound session, Malaysia's index edged down 0.03 percent at 1,744.85.

Central bank data released after market close on Wednesday showed that Malaysia's second-quarter current account surplus narrowed to 2.6 billion ringgit, from 8.7 billion
ringgit in the previous quarter.

Thai SET index underperformed peers, falling 1.2 percent, taking its loss this week to more than 6 percent. The market saw late selling in banking stocks, led by Kasikornbank and Siam Commercial Bank.

Thai bourse said foreign investors sold shares worth a net 5.7 billion baht ($180.12 million) on the day.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down