Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Najib keeps mum on whether GST will be in Budget 2014

Go down

Najib keeps mum on whether GST will be in Budget 2014 Empty Najib keeps mum on whether GST will be in Budget 2014

Post by Cals Thu 19 Sep 2013, 16:03

Najib keeps mum on whether GST will be in Budget 2014
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com
Thursday, 19 September 2013 15:29

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 19): Prime Minister Dato’ Seri Najib Abdul Razak today declined to state whether GST (goods and services tax) will be implemented in the upcoming Budget 2014, to be announced on Oct 25.

At The CNBC Summit today, the prime minister was asked if the GST would be introduced in the Budget next month, as it would help raise the government's revenue in light of a huge public debt.

“Well, I would like to keep that as a surprise for the Budget. Nevertheless, we must spend prudently and keep our debts in check,” said Najib.

Market players, particularly foreign investors, have hoped that the government will introduce GST soon in view of Malaysia's widening fiscal deficit.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down