Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CEO: Perodua introduces aluminium engine in next model

Go down

CEO: Perodua introduces aluminium engine in next model Empty CEO: Perodua introduces aluminium engine in next model

Post by Cals Fri 27 Sep 2013, 15:25

CEO: Perodua introduces aluminium engine in next model
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama
Friday, 27 September 2013 14:00

PETALING JAYA (Sept 27): Perodua plans to introduce an aluminium engine in its next model to be launched in the third quarter of next year.

President and Chief Executive Officer Datuk Aminar Rashid Salleh said the engine would be produced at the RM1.3 billion plant expected to be completed in the third quarter of next year.

"We are going to change our engine from cast iron to aluminium to further improve the internal combustion engine," he told reporters after presenting prizes to winners of the "Revive Your Drive Contest" here today.

Aminar Rashid said apart from giving better fuel consumption, the transition to aluminium engine would also help reduce manufacturing costs in line with the company's target to reduce cost between 20 per cent and 30 per cent by 2015.

"For us to be competitive, we target to cut down costs between 20 and 30 per cent and changing the engine is one of the components (to reduce cost)," he said.

On sales, Aminar Rashid said the company sold almost 130,000 cars from January to August, up 3.5 per cent from the same period last year, mainly contributed by MyVi multi-purpose vehicle sales.

"We managed to sell 8,000 to 9,000 MyVis a month. The demand for MyVi cars continued to be strong," he said.

Meanwhile, on the "Revive Your Drive Contest", 24 winners were chosen from 15,000 entries as part of the compact car company's 20th anniversary celebrations.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down