Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KLCI futures close lower despite cash market's positive performance

Go down

KLCI futures close lower despite cash market's positive performance Empty KLCI futures close lower despite cash market's positive performance

Post by Cals Wed 02 Oct 2013, 19:59

KLCI futures close lower despite cash market's positive performance
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama   
Wednesday, 02 October 2013 19:24
KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 2): The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (FBM KLCI) futures contracts on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives closed lower today, despite
positive performance of the cash market.

Phillip Futures Sdn Bhd Dealer Tan Sek Wei said, late selling of index-linked stocks pushed the FBM KLCI futures spot month contract to close at negative territory.

He said all Asian shares had mostly advanced today, despite the shutdown in the United States due to disagreements on public finances, as investors anticipated the shutdown to be short.

"In near term, we expect the FBM KLCI futures to move in consolidation mode, ahead of Malaysia's 2014 Budget. Trading is likely in the range of 1,750 and 1,790-point level," he added.

At close, October 2013 lost 1.5 points to 1,768.5, and November 2013 declined 2.5 points to 1,768.5.
December 2013 and March 2014 lost three points each to 1,769.5 and 1,764, respectively.

Turnover dwindled to 5,115 lots from yesterday's 7,965, while open interest fell to 44,707 contracts, from 46,939 contracts Tuesday.

The underlying FBM KLCI closed 1.32 points higher, at 1,770.35.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down