Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

China elevates Malaysia ties, aims to triple trade by 2017

Go down

China elevates Malaysia ties, aims to triple trade by 2017 Empty China elevates Malaysia ties, aims to triple trade by 2017

Post by Cals Fri 04 Oct 2013, 14:01

China elevates Malaysia ties, aims to triple trade by 2017
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Friday, 04 October 2013 13:05

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 4): Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Friday he and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak had agreed to elevate ties to a "comprehensive strategic partnership", aiming to boost military cooperation and nearly triple two-way trade to $160 billion by 2017.

The Chinese and Malaysian leaders spoke soon after U.S. President Barack Obama cancelled a week-long tour of four Asian nations due to the U.S. government shutdown.

Najib said he agreed with Xi, who is visiting Malaysia ahead the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Indonesia, to encourage more joint military exercises and visits between the nations.

China is already Malaysia's largest trading partner, with two-way trade last year totalling 181 billion ringgit ($57 billion).
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down