Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affin IB Research downgrades Property sector to Neutral

Go down

Affin IB Research downgrades Property sector to Neutral Empty Affin IB Research downgrades Property sector to Neutral

Post by Cals Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:03

Affin IB Research downgrades Property sector to Neutral
Business & Markets 2013
Written by theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 17 October 2013 08:49
KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 17): Affin IB Research has downgraded the Property sector to Neutral (from Overweight) and said the government may implement more property cooling measures during Budget 2014 and/or in 1H2014.
In a note Thursday, it said these may include a hike in RPGT, an increase in stamp duty, curbing of DIBS and rebates.
It said that separately, the Johor state government was mulling to impose a 4-5% property tax on foreign buyers.
Affin IB Research said that in view of the rising policy risk, bottoming of mortgage rate and strong recovery in incoming supply, it expects the property market to moderate in 2014.
“As such, we have cut the CY14-15 earnings forecast for developers under our coverage by 3-17%. We downgrade the property sector to Neutral and cut the target prices of all the developers under our coverage by raising the discount to RNAVs by 5-20%.
“All in, we have downgraded Tropicana and UOA to Adds (from Buy) due to the lower upside potential to our revised TPs. Our top picks for the sector are IJM Land and KSL,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down