Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright’s 4Q profit doubles to RM2.98m

Go down

Bright’s 4Q profit doubles to RM2.98m Empty Bright’s 4Q profit doubles to RM2.98m

Post by Cals Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:53

Bright’s 4Q profit doubles to RM2.98m
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Levina Lim of theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 25 October 2013 10:26
KUALA LUMPUR: Bright Packaging Industry Bhd posted a net profit of RM2.98 million for the fourth quarter ended Aug 31, 2013 (4QFY13), an increase from RM1.48 million from the previous corresponding quarter.  

Revenue for the quarter rose 54.5% to RM20.8 million from RM13.5 million a year earlier, on higher local orders from the local and confectionary industry.

For the full year, the group reported a profit of RM7 million, up 86% up from RM3.8 million recorded in FY12. Bright did not propose any dividend for the full financial year.

“Bright had a remarkable year and we are pleased to announce our strongest result in over a decade.

“We have come a long way since the management shakeup earlier this year, and we are closing in on our goal of turning around the business,” said chairman Nik Mustapha Muhamad.

Independent non-executive director Datuk Seri Syed Ali Alhabshee said in a statement that Bright intends to continue expanding its production capacity. 

“We have signed up a major client — BAT — and we look forward to expanding our production capacity,” he said.

In a related development, Datuk Ricky Wong has acquired an additional 360,000 shares of the company through his investment holding company, Wong SK Holdings, raising his total shareholding to 23.6% or 10,200,200 shares.

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on October 25, 2013.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down