Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SBC 2Q profit up 31% on lower depreciation, amortisation

Go down

SBC 2Q profit up 31% on lower depreciation, amortisation Empty SBC 2Q profit up 31% on lower depreciation, amortisation

Post by Cals Tue 26 Nov 2013, 16:30

SBC 2Q profit up 31% on lower depreciation, amortisation
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Zatil Husna of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 26 November 2013 14:13
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 26): SBC Corp Bhd reported that net profit rose 30.6% in the second quarter ended September 30, 2013 (2QFY13) from a year earlier. This came mainly on lower depreciation and amortisation.

In a statement to Bursa Malaysia today, SBC, a construction and property development firm, said it recorded a net profit of RM8.63 million compared to RM6.61 million. Revenue climbed to RM35.11 million from RM32.24 million 

The firm registered depreciation and amortisation of RM354,000, significantly lower than RM4.39 million a year earlier.

For the first-half period, net profit rose to RM14.97 million from RM12.60 million a year ago. Revenue increased to RM61.19 million from RM60.92 million.

SBC expects its future performance to remain positive as its projects such as the Dex Suites@Kiara Eas in Kuala Lumpur have commenced.

“The Cantonment Exchange@Jalan Ipoh has commenced site works. Furthermore, the Peak Soho@Kota Kinabalu is targeted to be completed in this financial year,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down