Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StockWatch Scomi Group, Scomi Energy up on news of securing Ophir contract

Go down

StockWatch Scomi Group, Scomi Energy up on news of securing Ophir contract Empty StockWatch Scomi Group, Scomi Energy up on news of securing Ophir contract

Post by Cals Sat 04 Jan 2014, 01:28

StockWatch Scomi Group, Scomi Energy up on news of securing Ophir contract
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Jonathan Gan at theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 03 January 2014 17:36

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 3): Scomi Group Berhad and its associate Scomi Energy Services Berhad rose today on news of the latter being close to securing a contract  from Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) to develop the Ophir oilfield offshore Terengganu.

Ophir is said to be one of the 10 small oil fields reported in May to be tendered out by Petronas under its Risk Service Contract (RSC) licensing programme. It is estimated that the Ophir contract is worth US$510 mil (RM1.68 billion)

At 4:46pm today, Scomi Group rose 2 sen or 5% to RM0.385 per share, with 11,610,700 trades done. Scomi Energy Services rose 2.5 sen or 3% to RM0.825 per share, with 7,842,700 trades done.

According to a local news report, Scomi Energy Services and its Australian partner Octanex are said to be close to securing the Petronas contract.

Scomi Energy is said to have a 30% stake in the venture along with Octanex (50%) and Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd (20%), a unit of Petronas Carigali.

The total number of RSC’s at this point is still unclear but Petronas has identified 25 marginal fields to be awarded.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down