Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public, private sector salaries must go up 6%: KPMG

Go down

Public, private sector salaries must go up 6%: KPMG Empty Public, private sector salaries must go up 6%: KPMG

Post by Cals Tue 07 Jan 2014, 18:37

Public, private sector salaries must go up 6%: KPMG
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Tuesday, 07 January 2014 15:42

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 7): KPMG Malaysia is urging both the public and private sectors to gradually increase the salaries of their employees following the imposition of the goods and services tax (GST) next April.

Newly-appointed Managing Partner Johan Idris suggested a six per cent increase in employees salaries per annum to help tide over the high cost of living in Malaysia.

"Six per cent would be a good example to begin with especially after the GST implementation, new electric tariffs, petrol subsidy cuts and new toll rates," he told reporters after the launch of the second-edition of the 'Study on Non-Executive Directors 2013 - Profile and Pay' publication.

Johan said that the GST implementation was inevitable as Malaysia is a developing country. 
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down