Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KBM fields begin producing oil

Go down

KBM fields begin producing oil Empty KBM fields begin producing oil

Post by Cals Wed 15 Jan 2014, 04:44

Published: Tuesday January 14, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM 
Updated: Tuesday January 14, 2014 MYT 8:00:06 AM

KBM fields begin producing oil

KUALA LUMPUR: The Kapal, Banang & Meranti (KBM) cluster of oilfields, located offshore Peninsular Malaysia, has started producing oil, said Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas).
The initial production rates from the cluster were over 10,000 barrels per day, with peak production reaching 13,000 barrels a day.
“This is the third risk-service contract (RSC) that has successfully achieved oil production, after the Balai Cluster and Berantai fields,” Petronas said in a statememt.
Oil production at the Kapal field commenced on Dec 16 last year.
The KBM cluster is operated by Coastal Energy KBM Sdn Bhd and its joint-venture partner Petra Energy Bhd since the RSC contract was awarded in June 2012.
It is an eight-year development project, with Kapal being in its first development and production phase.
The Kapal field facilities consist of one mobile offshore production unit, one storage tanker with about 600,000 barrels capacity, one drilling rig with an attached well bay module and two flexible flow lines.
Through this mobile offshore production concept, Petronas plans to continue determining the potential production from the three KBM fields.
To date, Petronas has awarded 10 fields in four clusters under the RSC arrangement. Four fields have commenced production with over 30,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down