Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M&A Affin buys HwangDBS’s IB, assets for RM1.36b billion

Go down

M&A Affin buys HwangDBS’s IB, assets for RM1.36b billion Empty M&A Affin buys HwangDBS’s IB, assets for RM1.36b billion

Post by Cals Wed 22 Jan 2014, 19:17

M&A Affin buys HwangDBS’s IB, assets for RM1.36b billion
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 22 January 2014 17:55

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 22): Affin Holdings Bhd announced today, that it has signed a sales and purchase agreement to acquire HwangDBS Investment Bank Berhad and its assets for RM1.36 billion.

The purchase consideration for 100 % of Hwang’s investment banking is RM1.08 billion, and this implies a 1.28 times Hwang's book value of RM849.26 million.

The other assets acquired were 70 % Hwang Investment Management Berhad and 49% of Asian Islamic Management Sdn Bhd, for a total of RM262 million.

In addition, HDM Futures was also purchased for RM13 million, that implies a 1.03 times HDM Futures’ book value of RM 12.59 million.

"The proposed acquisitions will transform Affin's investment banking franchise, adding a suite of complementary strengths and capabilities to drive its strategic plan to become the leading independent investment bank in Malaysia," said Puan Maimoonah Hussain, managing director of Affin Investment Bank.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down