Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock PDZ falls actively after a report that Efogen takeover falls through

Go down

Hot Stock PDZ falls actively after a report that Efogen takeover falls through Empty Hot Stock PDZ falls actively after a report that Efogen takeover falls through

Post by Cals Mon 17 Feb 2014, 18:47

Hot Stock PDZ falls actively after a report that Efogen takeover falls through
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 17 February 2014 12:07

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 17): PDZ Holdings Bhd was the most actively traded company on the stock exchange this morning after news involving its takeover of Efogen Sdn Bhd has hit a brick wall.

At 11:40am today, PDZ shares fell 1.5 sen or 9.7% to 14 sen with some 240.98 million shares done.

PDZ had risen in the past several trading days from 12 sen per share to a high of 15.5 sen when the speculative news on the purchase of Egogen emerged.  

PDZ announced last Friday that it had not put in any proposal to acquire shares of Efogen Sdn Bhd.

According to the Financial Daily today, an executive familiar with the deal confirmed that the PDZ’s talks with Efogen had stalled.

“This deal has been aborted ... it’s not fair for me to talk about it or give you the details,” the executive said, adding that given PDZ’s clean balance sheet, there are still other suitors, but declined to elaborate.

A dealer from RHB Investment Bank told theedgemalaysia.com today: “The company did not deny that they’re on the lookout for companies to acquire, but any movements on the company currently are purely speculative.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down