Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AirAsia 4Q net profit down 19% y-o-y to RM245m

Go down

AirAsia 4Q net profit down 19% y-o-y to RM245m Empty AirAsia 4Q net profit down 19% y-o-y to RM245m

Post by Cals Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:08

AirAsia 4Q net profit down 19% y-o-y to RM245m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com  
Wednesday, 26 February 2014 19:58

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 26): AirAsia Bhd reported net profit of RM245.4 million, down 19% year-on-year (y-o-y) from RM303.4 million.

Revenue for the quarter under review was flattish at RM1.35 billion, compared to RM1.36 billion in the previous year’s same quarter.

The group highlighted that its operating revenue had declined by 2% y-o-y to RM315.0 million due to an increase in routine aircraft C-Check and lower fares.

The lower profit for the quarter was attributed to unrealised forex losses on its US dollar denominated borrowings as the US dollar strengthened against the ringgit.

Net profit for the full year had also declined to RM364.1 million for 12MFY13, from RM789.6 million in 12MFY12, while cumulative revenue rose to RM5.19 billion from RM4.95 billion.

Going forward, the group expects to further reduce its costs by approximately 7.5%.

“The outlook for 2014 is strong as we have set targets for ourselves in ensuring the company remains lean through various cost initiatives.

“Some of the cost savings will be seen from operational synergies between AirAsia and AirAsia X, headcount reduction as the company looks at aggressively focusing on automation at current LCCT and KLIA2 when it is completed among other significant cost initiatives,” said group chief executive officer Tony Fernandes.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down