Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doubts raised over developer but Melaka Gateway will go according to plan, says CM

Go down

Doubts raised over developer but Melaka Gateway will go according to plan, says CM Empty Doubts raised over developer but Melaka Gateway will go according to plan, says CM

Post by Cals Tue 04 Mar 2014, 16:37

Doubts raised over developer but Melaka Gateway will go according to plan, says CM
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Tuesday, 04 March 2014 15:41

MELAKA (Mar 4): The state government is confident that the RM40 billion Melaka Gateway tourism project  on Pulau Melaka, launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak last Feb 7, will be implemented according to plans. 

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron said he was confident that KAJ Development Sdn Bhd, developer of Melaka Gateway, was capable of developing it and attracting investors to the project. 

"The state government recognises the aspirations and ambition of the company (KAJ Development) to develop Pulau Melaka and we cannot deny these.

"Every time someone comes to invest, if we say it cannot be implemented, what will happen to the future of Melaka," he said when replying to a supplementary question from Tey Kok Kiew (DAP-Banda Hilir).

Tey had questioned the state government's confidence over the project as it was said to be handled by a company that had not submitted its financial report to the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) since 2010.

Idris said the project had received the support of the federal government and been adopted as a national project.

He said five foreign companies from the United Kingdom, United States, Singapore and China had expressed interest to invest in the project.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down