Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update MPOC CEO forecasts CPO prices at RM2600-RM3000 for rest of 2014

Go down

Update MPOC CEO forecasts CPO prices at RM2600-RM3000 for rest of 2014 Empty Update MPOC CEO forecasts CPO prices at RM2600-RM3000 for rest of 2014

Post by Cals Tue 04 Mar 2014, 16:40

Update MPOC CEO forecasts CPO prices at RM2600-RM3000 for rest of 2014
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Shalini Kumar of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 04 March 2014 14:34

KUALA LUMPUR (March 4): Malaysian Palm Oil Council CEO Tan Sri Dr Yusof Basiron said palm oil prices will range from RM2,600 - RM3,000 per tonne for the rest of the year.

Speaking to reporters after a roundtable session at the Palm and Lauric Oil Conference today, he said his price estimate was influenced by the recent drought, amongst other factors.

"There were increased imports due to the low crude oil prices over the last six months," he said. 

"Now that stocks are low, we cannot continue to supply CPO at a cheap price. The low production level of February is also a factor which has had an impact on stock and supply." 

Meanwhile, on the implementation of biodiesel in Malaysia, Basiron said the rollout of the B5 mandate (5% biodiesel and 95% petroleum diesel blend) should be done nationwide by July this year. 

Basiron also said that getting up to a B7 blend was an ambitious target, due to current CPO prices. 

It is worth noting that in 2012, the government's aim was to roll out a B10 blend (10% biofuel and 90% petroleum diesel). 
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down