Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shift from fixed income to equity market would be muted in 2014, says Morningstar

Go down

Shift from fixed income to equity market would be muted in 2014, says Morningstar Empty Shift from fixed income to equity market would be muted in 2014, says Morningstar

Post by Cals Mon 17 Mar 2014, 16:16

Shift from fixed income to equity market would be muted in 2014, says Morningstar
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Charlotte Chong of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 17 March 2014 13:21

KUALA LUMPUR (March 17): The shift of funds flow from fixed income to the equity market would be in a more muted pace this year compared with last year, said Morningstar Investment Management Asia Ltd senior consultant Sheela Veerpan.

"In terms of the economic conditions, the market this year is poised to probably have a more muted recovery given what's happening in Russia and Ukraine," she said, adding that geopolitical factors would affect the market performance.

"Investors are not going to abandon the fixed income entirely because fixed income will give you the income stream that will help you to service the liabilities in your portfolio," she told the reporters after Morningstar Malaysia Fund Awards 2014 today.

The winners of the Asia-Pacific Equity Fund and Islamic Malaysia Equity Fund are CIMB-Principal Equity Growth & Income and Hwang AIIMAN Growth Fund respectively.

The awards recognise retail funds and fund groups that added the most value for investors within the context of their relevant peer group in 2013 and over the longer term.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down