Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kim Loong 4Q net profit rises 43% y-o-y to RM20m

Go down

Kim Loong 4Q net profit rises 43% y-o-y to RM20m Empty Kim Loong 4Q net profit rises 43% y-o-y to RM20m

Post by Cals Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:37

Kim Loong 4Q net profit rises 43% y-o-y to RM20m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 27 March 2014 18:19

KUALA LUMPUR (Mar 27): Kim Loong Resources Bhd’s net profit for its fourth quarter rose 43% to RM20.1 million from RM14.1 million in the previous year’s same quarter.

Revenue increased by 20% year-on-year to RM197.4 million from RM164.0 million.

“The increase in revenue and profit for the current quarter were due to higher palm oil prices despite lower fresh fruit bunches production,” said the group in its statement to the exchange.

For the year, net profit rose to RM61.3 million from RM53.9 million in the previous year, while revenue increased slightly to RM640.5 million from RM637.2 million.

Going forward, Kim Loong expects to perform better in FY15 as it plans to improve production, while benefiting from favourable palm oil prices.

“Palm oil prices have improved since the end of FY14 and we expect the current good crude palm oil and palm kernel oil prices will contribute positively to the financial performance of the group in the FY15,” the group said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down