Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiap Teck 2Q profit tripled to RM7.3m

Go down

Hiap Teck 2Q profit tripled to RM7.3m Empty Hiap Teck 2Q profit tripled to RM7.3m

Post by Cals Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:38

Hiap Teck 2Q profit tripled to RM7.3m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 27 March 2014 18:27

KUALA LUMPUR (Mar 27): Hiap Teck Venture Bhd’s net profit increased by three folds to RM7.3 million in the second quarter ended Jan 31, 2014, from RM1.8 million a year earlier.

But revenue fell 7.8% year-on-year to RM259.1 million from RM280.9 million.

In a filing with the stock exchange, the steel manufacturer attributed the higher profit to improvement by its manufacturing division as a result of lower cost of production.

However, Hiap Teck said the decline in revenue was attributable to lower sales volume from the trading division.

For the half-year period, net profit posted RM21.3 million versus RM2.8 million in the previous corresponding period, while revenue registered RM529.6 million from RM554.0 million a year ago.

“The group will continue to focus on improving its productivity and operational efficiency to boost its competitiveness and performance,” said Hiap Teck.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down