Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khalid : Selangor has no plans to subsidise Kesas users

Go down

Khalid : Selangor has no plans to subsidise Kesas users Empty Khalid : Selangor has no plans to subsidise Kesas users

Post by Cals Fri 11 Apr 2014, 14:25

Khalid : Selangor has no plans to subsidise Kesas users

Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Friday, 11 April 2014 14:12
SHAH ALAM (April 11): The Selangor government has no plans to provide toll subsidies for users of the Shah Alam Highway (Kesas), according to Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim.

He said although the state government had a 30 per cent share in the highway concession through its subsidiary company, Selangor State Development Corporation, the earnings derived from toll collections were not meant for subsidies.

"The earnings are to be used for the population in Selangor. The highway is not only used by residents in Selangor but also by people from other places," he explained in the State Assembly here today.

Abdul Khalid was answering a supplementary question from Mat Nadzari Ahmad Dahlan (BN-Batang Kali) who wanted to know whether the state government could use the profits earned by the corporation to subsidise Kesas toll payers.

To an earlier question from Mat Nadzari whether Selangor could take over highway concessions which the state government had a share in, Abdul Khalid who is also Pelabuhan Klang assemblyman said it was not viable.

"Taking over the water industry was onerous enough, what more a highway. It is more difficult to take over a highway because the contract for the construction is not fixed and precise," he said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down