Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Datasonic jumps 21% on RM292m MyKad contracts win

Go down

Hot Stock Datasonic jumps 21% on RM292m MyKad contracts win Empty Hot Stock Datasonic jumps 21% on RM292m MyKad contracts win

Post by Cals Fri 18 Apr 2014, 21:10

Hot Stock Datasonic jumps 21% on RM292m MyKad contracts win
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 18 April 2014 15:45

KUALA LUMPUR (Apr 18): Datasonic Group Bhd jumped as much as 21% after the firm said this afternoon it has clinched two contracts worth a total RM292.2 million for the supply of 14 million MyKad to the government.

In a statement to Bursa Malaysia today, Datasonic said it has received the letters of award from the ministry for the supply of the Malaysian identity cards.

At 3.24 pm, Datasonic leapt 59 sen or 19% to RM3.71. The second top gainer saw some 17.9 million shares change hands.

Rising in tandem, Datasonic’s warrant DSONIC-CA rose 8 sen or 37% to 29.5 sen. The eighth top active counter saw trades of some 30.3 million units.

In a note, Kenanga Research said Datasonic would see immediate technical support and resistance levels at RM2.87 and RM3.19 respectively.

According to Datasonic, the first contract worth RM72 million entailed the supply of four million new raw MyKad.

The second contract, valued at RM220.2 million, involves the supply of 10 million similar cards.

Datasonic said the new MyKad is made of 100% polycarbonate material with new security features.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down