Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OSK Holdings seeking new investments

Go down

OSK Holdings seeking new investments Empty OSK Holdings seeking new investments

Post by Cals Mon 21 Apr 2014, 23:27

OSK Holdings seeking new investments
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Levina Lim of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 21 April 2014 18:38

KUALA LUMPUR: OSK Holdings Bhd is seeking new investments for its business, after focusing on the integration of the OSK Investment Bank-RHB Capital Bhd merger in the last 15 months, according to Tan Sri Ong Leong Huat, CEO of OSK Holdings Bhd at its 24th annual general meeting.

According to Ong, OSK could potentially raise a conservative RM1 billion of borrowing due to its low gearing.

“It does not matter which sector, so long as the business can give us good returns. We are now looking at it in as many areas as possible,” he said, adding that some decision on the nature of investments should be announced within the next six months.

He added that OSK Holdings has no intention of divesting its remaining 9.91% stake in RHB Capital Bhd at the present moment.

“Today, valuation for RHB Capital is cheap at 1.2 times price-to-book compared to other local banks. Value should come closer to what other banks valuations are... the gap should narrow,” he said, adding that the potential upside is huge.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down