Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RHB maintains 'buy' on MAHB ahead of klia2 opening

Go down

RHB maintains 'buy' on MAHB ahead of klia2 opening Empty RHB maintains 'buy' on MAHB ahead of klia2 opening

Post by Cals Tue 22 Apr 2014, 19:49

RHB maintains 'buy' on MAHB ahead of klia2 opening
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Tuesday, 22 April 2014 12:27

KUALA LUMPUR (Apr 22): RHB Research has maintained its 'buy' call on Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) despite seeing higher staff recruitment and maintenance costs in the first quarter of 2014 (1Q14), ahead of KLIA2's May 2 opening.

"We continue to like MAHB's klia2 theme, which could propel its cash earnings moving forward," the research house said in a note today.

"Premised on the 18.4 per cent year-on-year traffic growth witnessed in 1Q14, we estimate that the group could post a quarterly core net profit of RM100 million, as we foresee upfront costs like staff and maintenance costs could likely be incurred ahead of KLIA2's opening," it said.

The rise in costs will be mitigated by the increase in passenger service charge, which will be compensated by the government, it added. 

"With KLIA2 commencing soon, it is only a matter of time before MAHB is awarded the concession extension of an additional 25 years, which will cut the airport's annual depreciation substantially," RHB Research said.

It forecasts a higher total turnover of RM3.01 billion for MAHB for the December 2014 financial year-end compared with RM2.463 billion for the December 2013 financial year-end.

MAHB is also forecast to obtain a higher net profit of RM319 million for the 2014 financial year-end compared with RM306 million recorded for the 2013 financial year-end.

RHB Research maintains its 'buy' call with an unchanged fair value of RM9.80.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down