Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Prima 1Q net profit negatively flat at RM27m

Go down

Media Prima 1Q net profit negatively flat at RM27m Empty Media Prima 1Q net profit negatively flat at RM27m

Post by Cals Thu 08 May 2014, 19:26

Media Prima 1Q net profit negatively flat at RM27m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 08 May 2014 17:55

KUALA LUMPUR (May 8): Media Prima Bhd reported negatively flat net profit of RM27.0 million for its first quarter ended March 31, 2014, compared to RM27.1 million in the preceding year’s corresponding quarter.

Revenue for the quarter fell 4% year-on-year to RM351.0 million, from RM365.8 million in the previous year.

The group had attributed the fall in revenue during the quarter under review to a “challenging market environment”.

Its television network, radio network and digital media platforms had reported higher revenues for the quarter, but were offset by lower revenue from its print media, outdoor media and content creation.

Going forward, the group expects major events such as the World Cup, the Asian Games, the Commonwealth Games and Visit Malaysia Year to support advertising growth.

“The road for 2014 however will remain challenging as a result of weaker business and consumer sentiments,” said Media Prima.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down