Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dialog posts weaker 3Q earnings

Go down

Dialog posts weaker 3Q earnings Empty Dialog posts weaker 3Q earnings

Post by Cals Mon 19 May 2014, 23:57

Dialog posts weaker 3Q earnings
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Maybank IB Research   
Monday, 19 May 2014 09:59

Dialog Group Bhd
(May 16, RM3.70)
Maintain buy with target price of RM3.90: The sequentially weaker third quarter ended March 31 of financial year year 2014 (3QFY14) net profit of RM48 million (-25% quarter-on-quarter [q-o-q]) took Dialog’s earnings for the nine-month period (9MFY14) to RM164 million .

The underlying q-o-q weakness in earnings was due to: (i) lower contributions from associates (-70%) due to higher pre-operating expenses at its tank terminal operations in Pengerang, Johor ; and (ii) lower engineering, procurment, construction and commissioning works.
We lower FY14, FY15 and FY16 net profits by 8%, 4% and 4% respectively mainly to account for higher operating expenses relating to the Pengerang terminal project. The project’s Phase 1A, with a capacity of 432,000 cu m, commenced operations in 2QFY14. Phase 1B and 1C, with a similar capacity of 432,000 cu m each, will kick off in 3QFY14 and 4QFY14.
Phase 2 will comprise oil, petroleum and LNG tank terminals coupled with a regasification plant. The commissioning of Phase 2 will likely coincide with the commencement of works on the refinery and petrochemicals integrated development in Pengerang. — Maybank IB Research, May 16
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on May 19, 2014.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down