Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pos Malaysia 4Q profit rises 60% y-o-y, full-year profit higher at RM159m

Go down

Pos Malaysia 4Q profit rises 60% y-o-y, full-year profit higher at RM159m Empty Pos Malaysia 4Q profit rises 60% y-o-y, full-year profit higher at RM159m

Post by Cals Fri 23 May 2014, 00:19

Pos Malaysia 4Q profit rises 60% y-o-y, full-year profit higher at RM159m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 22 May 2014 18:22

KUALA LUMPUR (May 22): Pos Malaysia Bhd's net profit rose 60% to RM52.2 million in the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2014 from RM32.7 million a year earlier. Bottom line growth came mainly on profit from mail and courier operations.

In a statement to the exchange today, Pos Malaysia said revenue climbed to RM424.4 million from RM344.5 million.

"Mail segment registered lower operating profits by RM2.2 million or 4.1% due to lower revenue from prepaid, franking, ordinary mail and registered mail.

"Courier segment registered higher operating profits by RM25.1 million or more than 100% as a result of higher revenue generated from contract customers, parcel, express mail and prepaid box/envelope, which is in line with the increase in volume due to higher online transactions for business and marketing campaigns," Pos Malaysia said.

Pos Malaysia said full-year net profit increased to RM159 million from RM151.7 million a year earlier. Revenue was higher at RM1.43 billion versus RM1.27 billion.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down