Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Market Close KLCI rises 0.5% on US, China factory data

Go down

Market Close KLCI rises 0.5% on US, China factory data Empty Market Close KLCI rises 0.5% on US, China factory data

Post by Cals Wed 04 Jun 2014, 02:59

Market Close KLCI rises 0.5% on US, China factory data
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 03 June 2014 17:12

KUALA LUMPUR (June 3): The FBM KLCI rose 8.3 points or 0.5%, tracking Asian market gains as US and China factory output growth data shore up investor sentiment.

At 5pm, the KLCI settled at 1,872.55 as stocks like IOI Corp Bhd and Axiata Group Bhd advanced.

"In Malaysia, it is mostly local institutional investors who supported the stock market," a fund manager told theedgemalaysia.com over telephone today.

Bursa Malaysia saw 1.2 billion shares worth RM1.97 billion changed hands. There were 395 gainers versus 369 decliners.

The top gainer was British American Tobacco (M) Bhd while leading decliners included NPC Resources Bhd and Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Bhd. The most-active stock was YTL Corp Bhd.

Across Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei rose 0.66% while Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.91%.

Reuters reported that the Nikkei led Asian shares higher on Tuesday, supported by solid U.S. and Chinese manufacturing data, while the euro dragged its feet near a 3 1/2-month low on expectations of fresh monetary easing by the European Central Bank.

Japan's Nikkei hit a two-month high and last traded up 0.8 percent while MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan rose 0.2 percent, nearing a one-year high hit last week.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down