Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highlight Sime Darby in exclusive discussions with Kulim to buy stake in NBPOL

Go down

Highlight Sime Darby in exclusive discussions with Kulim to buy stake in NBPOL Empty Highlight Sime Darby in exclusive discussions with Kulim to buy stake in NBPOL

Post by Cals Fri 01 Aug 2014, 02:09

Highlight Sime Darby in exclusive discussions with Kulim to buy stake in NBPOL
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Shalini Kumar of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 31 July 2014 21:10

KUALA LUMPUR (July 31): Kulim Bhd has entered into exclusive discussions with Sime Darby Bhd to sell its entire stake in New Britain Palm Oil Ltd (NBPOL). 

"Kulim had on July 31 sent a letter to the board of directors of NBPOL and the relevant government authorities in Papua New Guinea (PNG), informing them of Kulim’s intention to sell its entire equity stake in NBPOL to Sime Darby," it said in a filing with Bursa Malaysia. 

Kulim said the discussions were to "finalise the terms of the transaction for a period of 60 days (or such longer period to be mutually agreed)". 

In a separate filing tonight, Sime said it was the "preferred party", selected by Kulim to negotiate the terms of the sale. 

Kulim owns a 48.97% stake in NBPOL, but it does not run operations. 

It was earlier reported that Kulim was keeping its options open, with regards to divesting its stake. 

Seven parties, including four Malaysian plantation groups, had expressed their interest in acquiring a major stake in NBPOL, which owns 77,000 hectares of oil palm plantations in PNG and the Solomon Islands.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down