Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Globetronics 2Q net profit rises 22% on year, revenue higher at RM91m

Go down

Globetronics 2Q net profit rises 22% on year, revenue higher at RM91m Empty Globetronics 2Q net profit rises 22% on year, revenue higher at RM91m

Post by Cals Wed 06 Aug 2014, 01:10

Globetronics 2Q net profit rises 22% on year, revenue higher at RM91m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 05 August 2014 17:32

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 5): Semiconductor manufacturer Globetronics Technology Bhd's net profit rose 22% to RM17.3 million in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014 from RM14.14 million a year earlier. Revenue climbed to RM90.62 million from RM85.76 million.

Globetronics told the stock exchange today cumulative first-half (1HFY14) net profit increased to RM31.4 million from RM24.33 million a year earlier. Revenue was higher at RM174.04 million. 

"The higher (1HFY14) net profit achieved was mainly due to higher volume loadings from most of the group's customers, better economy of scale coupled with productivity improvement/ cost control programme carried out in the group.

"Moving forward, the group will continue to focus on escalating up the value chain and riding on the R&D initiatives in new products’ design and development. The group will also continue to step up efforts in improving the efficiency and cost reduction measures in its group’s operations to achieve the necessary competitive edge in the market," Globetronics said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down