Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Delloyd at record high after take-over offer raised

Go down

Hot Stock Delloyd at record high after take-over offer raised Empty Hot Stock Delloyd at record high after take-over offer raised

Post by Cals Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:56

Hot Stock Delloyd at record high after take-over offer raised
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Gho Chee Yuan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 12 August 2014 14:49

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 12): Delloyd Ventures Bhd rose as much as 18 sen or 4% to its record high at RM4.96 since the company's listing some 18 years ago. The stock rose after major shareholders upped the take-over offer price for the automotive component manufacturer.

Major shareholder Chung & Tee Ventures Sdn Bhd (CTVSB) raised the offer to RM5.20 a share in Delloyd from RM4.80 under a proposed selective capital reduction and repayment exercise. CTVSB and persons acting in concert, control a collective 63.58% of Delloyd.

At 12.30pm, Delloyd gained 2.72% or 13 sen to settle at RM4.91 with 493,300 units traded. The stock remained at that price at 2.56pm.

Bloomberg data showed that Delloyd was listed on November 18, 1996 at RM4 a share. Since listing, Delloyd had fallen to an intraday low of 56 sen on January 30, 1998.

Today, dealers said news on the higher offer price had prompted investors to buy Delloyd shares.

"The selective capital reduction and repayment exercise is the main catalyst to push up its share price.

"All these while, there is not much trading activity for the counter," a dealer told  theedgemalaysia.com over telephone.

According to Delloyd's website, the company manufactures automotive components in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.

Delloyd also runs oil palm plantations in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down