Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MPHB 2Q profit multiplies 14 times to RM198.9m on exceptional gain from property sale

Go down

MPHB 2Q profit multiplies 14 times to RM198.9m on exceptional gain from property sale Empty MPHB 2Q profit multiplies 14 times to RM198.9m on exceptional gain from property sale

Post by Cals Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:26

MPHB 2Q profit multiplies 14 times to RM198.9m on exceptional gain from property sale
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 20 August 2014 19:29

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 20): MPHB Capital Bhd’s net profit multiplied 13.8 times to RM198.9 million in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014, from RM14.4 million a year ago.

The significant increase in profit is largely due to the exceptional gain from the sale of investment properties totalling RM195.9 million, the company said in a filing to Bursa Malaysia.

It said revenue for the April to June period jumped 14.7% to RM91.8 million from RM80.1 million in the same quarter of last year.

MPHB Capital said pre-tax profit from its insurance division was 24.8% higher at RM20.6 million compared to RM16.5 million previously.

Meanwhile, for the half-year period ended June 30, the company registered a net profit of RM207.4 million versus RM14.4 million for the previous corresponding period. Revenue jumped to RM178.6 million from RM80.1 million.

On the prospects ahead, the company said the Malaysian economy is expected to “remain firmly on a steady growth path”.

It added that its insurance segment aims to increase its market share through network expansion, personnel recruitment, new product development and new distribution channels.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down