Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idris Jala: I am not heading to MAS

Go down

Idris Jala: I am not heading to MAS Empty Idris Jala: I am not heading to MAS

Post by Cals Fri 22 Aug 2014, 12:39

Idris Jala: I am not heading to MAS
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Chen Shaua Fui of theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 22 August 2014 09:00

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Idris Jala said he is not returning to helm struggling national carrier Malaysian Airline System Bhd (MAS). He tweeted yesterday that he will continue to serve as chief executive officer of the Performance Management & Delivery Unit (Pemandu), a position he took up in 2009 following his appointment as Senator and Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department.

“I’ve seen online reports speculating that I will be returning to MAS. I am not heading there. I will continue in my present role,” said Idris in his tweet.

On Wednesday, The Edge Financial Daily reported that Khazanah Nasional Bhd was looking at several potential candidates for the top job at a reconstituted MAS. They could include Idris, who served as MAS CEO between 2005 and 2009, and Axiata Group Bhd Datuk Seri Jamaludin Ibrahim.

When contacted, Axiata said it does not comment on speculation.

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on August 22, 2014.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down