Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Vitrox leaps 6.8% following record breaking quarterly results

Go down

Hot Stock Vitrox leaps 6.8% following record breaking quarterly results Empty Hot Stock Vitrox leaps 6.8% following record breaking quarterly results

Post by Cals Mon 25 Aug 2014, 03:29

Hot Stock Vitrox leaps 6.8% following record breaking quarterly results
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 22 August 2014 16:22

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 22): Vitrox Corporation Bhd’s share price rose 6.8% as at 4pm today, after it announced yesterday a 208% rise in second quarter net profit rise to RM19.99 million.

Some 1.61 million shares of the company were traded as at 4pm.

Tan J Young, semicon analyst at Hong Leong Investment Bank (HLIB), told theedgemalaysia.com that the outlook remains positive on the stock, as the global landscape for the semiconductor industry remains positive.

In a note today, the analyst commented that Vitrox outperformed itself by registering another record-breaking quarterly result.

“1H14 top line of RM87.9 million was translated into higher-than-expected core net profit of RM24 million, accounting for 68.4% of HLIB’s full year estimate.

“2Q14 revenue more than doubled year-on-year (yoy), as sales of all three product lines surged, with Machine Vision System(MVS), Automated Board Inspection (ABI) and Electronic Communication System (ECS) grew by 142%, 118% and 102% yoy respectively.

“Higher demand from customers is attributable to the improving business outlook in the semiconductor and electronics industries,” Tan added.

The stock has recorded a year-to-date increase of 130.78%.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down