Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Astro dips 1.8% on earnings cut, lower target price

Go down

Hot Stock Astro dips 1.8% on earnings cut, lower target price Empty Hot Stock Astro dips 1.8% on earnings cut, lower target price

Post by Cals Sun 14 Dec 2014, 18:18

Hot Stock
Astro dips 1.8% on earnings cut, lower target price

By Surin Murugiah / theedgemarkets.com   | December 12, 2014 : 11:30 AM MYT 
KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 12): Shares of Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) dipped on Friday morning after analysts said the outlook for the Pay-TV operator was challenging and cut their prices for the stock.

At 11am, Astro was down 1.8% or six sen to RM3.27 with 1.26 million shares done.

Astro’s net profit fell 8.33% to RM113.41 million in the third quarter ended Oct 31, 2014 (3QFY15) from RM123.71 million a year ago, due to higher tax expenses, amortisation of software, and higher depreciation of property, plant and equipment.

AffinHwang Capital Research has maintained its “add” rating on Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd at RM3.33 with a lower target price of RM3.60 (from RM3.70).

In a note Friday, the research house said it expects the market environment to be more challenging going forward, with lower pay TV net adds and higher costs.

“FY15-17E core EPS forecasts are cut by 5%-9% and our DCF-derived target price is also lowered to RM3.60,” it said.

Mewnwhile, MIDF Research maintained its “neutral” rating on Astro with a lower target price of RM3.60 (from RM3.75) and said Astro’s 9M15 earnings came in slightly below its expectation.
[size=14]“Maintained Neutral with revised target price of RM3.60 due to expected slower net adds for the Pay-TV segment,” it said.  
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down