Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highlight Malaysia's Jan exports down 0.6% on year to RM63.6b, miss estimates

Go down

Highlight Malaysia's Jan exports down 0.6% on year to RM63.6b, miss estimates Empty Highlight Malaysia's Jan exports down 0.6% on year to RM63.6b, miss estimates

Post by Cals Sun 08 Mar 2015, 21:32

Highlight
Malaysia's Jan exports down 0.6% on year to RM63.6b, miss estimates

By Cynthia Blemin / theedgemarkets.com   | March 6, 2015 : 1:13 PM MYT  

KUALA LUMPUR (Mar 6): Malaysia’s exports fell 0.6% to RM63.6 billion in January 2015 from a year earlier on lower sales of crucial products to major importing nations, the [size=14]Statistics Department said.

In a statement today, the department said the export decline was due to lower sales to China, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea.

The main products contributing to the export decrease were refined petroleum items and liquefied natural gas (LNG) besides palm oil and natural rubber.

Meanwhile, the country's imports shrank 5.3% on-year to RM54.6 billion, mainly due to less intermediate goods purchases.

These goods, which accounted for 60.6% of total imports, fell 3% to RM33.1 billion, according to the department.

Collectively, the country's total trade fell 2.8% to RM118.2 billion from a year earlier.

Trade surplus, however, rose 41.8% to RM9 billion.

Malaysia's latest on-year January export and import numbers had come in below market forecasts. The 0.6% on-year export drop came in below analysts' median forecast of a 3% rise, based on a Reuters' survey.

The 5.3% decline in imports was also contrary to a forecasted 2% rise.
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down