Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Court strikes out Scan's injunction application to halt GN3 classification

Go down

Court strikes out Scan's injunction application to halt GN3 classification Empty Court strikes out Scan's injunction application to halt GN3 classification

Post by Cals Tue 19 May 2015, 00:10

Court strikes out Scan's injunction application to halt GN3 classification

KUALA LUMPUR (May 18): The High Court today dismissed an application from Scan Associates Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) for an injunction to restrain market regulator Bursa Malaysia from classifying Scan Associates under the Guidance Note 3 (GN3) status.
Presiding judge Abu Bakar Jais delivered the judgement in chambers.
Scan Associates executive director Mak Siew Wei said the company's board of directors will discuss whether to appeal the High Court's decision. 
"On our part, the company will consider to appeal against the (High Court's) decision in the interests of our shareholders," he told The Edge Financial Daily outside the court after the decision was delivered.
Under the listing rules, the criteria that triggers GN3 is that the shareholders’ equity of the listed company is 25% or less of the issued and paid-up capital of the listed corporation. 
Mak had previously said that Scan Associates’ balance sheet as at Dec 31 last year showed that its shareholders’ fund of RM6.24 million was more than one quarter of its paid-up capital of RM20 million. 
Also, the company recently changed its financial year-end to June 30, 2015, from Dec 31, 2015.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down