Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Cocoaland share price dives on aborted takeover

Go down

Hot Stock Cocoaland share price dives on aborted takeover Empty Hot Stock Cocoaland share price dives on aborted takeover

Post by Cals Mon 20 Jul 2015, 17:53

Hot Stock
Cocoaland share price dives on aborted takeover

KUALA LUMPUR (July 20): Cocoaland Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard)’s share price took a dive this morning as Hong Kong-listed First Pacific Co Ltd aborted its plan to take over the confectionery business.
At 10.55am, its shares were down 33 sen or 15.94% to RM2.07, making it the second-largest loser across the bourse.
According to a filing with Bursa Malaysia today, First Pacific had withdrawn its intention to acquire all the business and undertaking of Cocoaland due to a difference in the strategic fit offered by Cocoaland from what First Pacific had envisaged.
To recap, First Pacific was the front runner to acquire the snacks and candy maker, after proposing on May 29 to acquire Cocoaland (fundamental: 2.8, valuation: 2.0) for RM463.32 million or RM2.70 per share.
Cocoaland had early rejected Navis Asia VII Management Co Ltd’s offer of RM2.20 per share.
In a filing with Bursa Malaysia dated June 2, Cocoaland said it received an indicative non-binding proposal dated from First Pacific, which detailed the proposed takeover of all its assets and liabilities will be undertaken by a special purpose vehicle (SPV).
Leverage Success Sdn Bhd, Cocoaland's largest shareholder with a 38% stake, had intended to acquire a stake in the SPV.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down