Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insider Asia’s Stock Of The Day: Sector Focus: Food and Beverage

Go down

Insider Asia’s Stock Of The Day: Sector Focus: Food and Beverage Empty Insider Asia’s Stock Of The Day: Sector Focus: Food and Beverage

Post by Cals Fri 30 Oct 2015, 15:30

Stock With Momentum: B.I.G. Industries

By Asia Analytica / The Edge Financial Daily   | October 30, 2015 : 10:23 AM MYT

[size=16]This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on October 30, 2015.

B.I.G. [size=16]Industries Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Valuation: 0.80, Fundamental: 0.70) (+ve)

BIG (Fundamental: 0.2/3 Valuation: 0.9/3) was ‘Red Flagged’ by our system due to its weak fundamental score, suggesting that investors should exercise extra caution while trading.
BIG triggered our momentum algorithm for the first time yesterday, closing 0.9% higher at 58 sen. The rarely traded stock has surged 58.9% since last Friday in active trade, despite absence of fresh corporate developments.
Sarawak-based BIG is mainly involved in the manufacturing and trading of concrete products, and industrial gases. These divisions accounted for 41.3% and 37.4% of revenue in 2014, respectively. The company also has interests in property development and construction, mainly in Sabah and Sarawak.
BIG returned to the black in 2Q2015, following three consecutive quarters of losses. Net profit surged 244.7% y-y to RM2.0 million on the back of a 1.6% revenue growth to RM18.9 million. The improved performance was largely due to the company’s property division, which commands better margins.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[/size][/size]

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down