Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karex's 1Q net profit soars 74% on forex gain

Go down

Karex's 1Q net profit soars 74% on forex gain Empty Karex's 1Q net profit soars 74% on forex gain

Post by Cals Tue 01 Dec 2015, 00:38

• Karex's 1Q net profit soars 74% on forex gain

By [size=13]Ahmad Naqib Idris / theedgemarkets.com   | November 30, 2015 : 6:56 PM MYT[/size]

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 30): Karex Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Valuation: N/A, Fundamental: N/A)'s net profit soared 74% year-on-year to RM22.29 million or 3.34 sen per share for the first quarter ended Sept 30, 2015 (1QFY16), from RM12.83 million or 2.11 sen per share, mainly due to a gain in foreign exchange (forex), higher margin products and lower raw material prices.
The group registered a forex gain of RM12.13 million for 1QFY16, versus the RM699,000 recorded in 1QFY15, its filing to Bursa Malaysia today showed.
Revenue for the quarter rose 8% to RM76.09 million from RM70.13 million a year earlier, which it attributed to higher volume from its condom commercial sales segment.
For the remainder of its financial year, Karex said it is optimistic about its performance, driven by the continuous demand for its products.
Karex closed 13 sen or 3.4% higher at RM3.93 today, bringing its market capitalisation to RM2.54 billion.
(Note: The Edge Research's fundamental score reflects a company's profitability and balance sheet strength, calculated based on historical numbers. The valuation score determines if a stock is attractively valued or not, also based on historical numbers. A score of 3 suggests strong fundamentals and attractive valuations.)
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down