Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midday Market KLCI remains weak, struggles to keep losses at a minimum

Go down

Midday Market KLCI remains weak, struggles to keep losses at a minimum Empty Midday Market KLCI remains weak, struggles to keep losses at a minimum

Post by Cals Fri 19 Apr 2013, 13:25

Midday Market KLCI remains weak, struggles to keep losses at a minimum
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Surin Murugiah of theedgemalaysia.com
Friday, 19 April 2013 12:36

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (April 19): The FBM KLCI remained in negative territory at the midday break on Friday, struggling to keep its losses at a minimum despite improving regional markets.

At 12.30pm, the FBM KLCI shed 268 points to 1,703.58.

Losers led gainers by 339 to 194, while 275 counters traded unchanged. Volume was 367.41 million shares valued at RM522.73 million.

The top losers in the morning session were Aeon Credit, Top Glove, BAT, Nestle, MISC, HBDS, PPB, APM Automotive and Rapid.

Johan was the most actively traded counter with 59.15 million shares done. The stock rose six sen to 20.5 sen.

The other actives included Green Packet, MUI Industries, CLIQ, Tiger Synergy, Maybank, Hua Ann and Compugates.

The gainers included Dana Infra, Far East, Tahps, Hup Seng, Aeon, Dayang, HLFG, Riverview and Dutch Lady.

Meanwhile, Asian shares and oil prices climbed on Friday but investors remained cautious after a volatile week that began with a broad sharp sell-off, as more soft U.S. economic data and mixed U.S. earnings results sustained worries over global growth, according to Reuters.

The MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan was up 0.6 percent after falling 0.6 percent the previous session. The index was on track for a weekly loss of 0.8 percent, it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down