Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YTL eyes RM30b KL-Singapore high speed rail project, hopes for transparency

Go down

YTL eyes RM30b KL-Singapore high speed rail project, hopes for transparency Empty YTL eyes RM30b KL-Singapore high speed rail project, hopes for transparency

Post by Cals Thu 13 Jun 2013, 16:39

YTL eyes RM30b KL-Singapore high speed rail project, hopes for transparency
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Kamarul Anwar of theedgemalaysia.com
Thursday, 13 June 2013 16:25

KUALA LUMPUR (June 13): Tan Sri Francis Yeoh said YTL CORPORATION BHD [] hopes to win the award for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project estimated to cost RM30 billion.

“I want the project, after years of saying that,” said Yeoh in response to questions raised by reporters at the at Invest Malaysia 2013 conference today.

But he said he hopes there is government transparency in the award of the project.

"There needs to be a certain amount of transparency in the government. Malaysia's Barisan Nasional government has put it in its election manifesto that it will be more transparent," Yeoh said.

Indeed, it was Yeoh who first mooted the HSR project to link Kuala Lumpur and Singapore in the 1990s.

YTL has built and is managing the express rail link between KL Sentral station and the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

Earlier this year, the premiers of Malaysia and Singapore agreed to implement this project in their bid to boost economic growth and tourism between the two countries.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down